This concluding article was the basis for a 3-night study in a church setting. Afterward, the attendees were split up into groups and the following questions were discussed within each group and the top findings were then shared with the entire group.
The Four Part Series includes the following:
Part 1 – God, The Master Chef
Part 2 – The Marriage Curse and Its Antidote
Part 3 – Love and Respect
You may find the questions below helpful, with just your spouse, or, you may choose to present this series in your church or small group.
- Share how your plates are divided? Who has what strengths?
- When combined together what are your strengths as a couple?
- Review the 100 Love & Respect examples in the links. Share the ones that speak to you.
- If you had three minutes to “explain yourself” to your spouse, what would you say? In other words, what would you want your spouse to understand about you?
- To the wife, what says “I love you” from your spouse?
- To the husband, what says “I respect you” from your spouse?
- How often do you sit down as a couple simply to talk to one another? Do you set time aside specifically for this purpose? Why or why not?
- What do you need and expect from each other in terms of openness and depth of communication? How do your needs and expectations differ?
- Do you feel that you understand each other? If not, what can you do to improve the situation?
- Men and women often have different communication styles. Have you found this true in your marriage? How do you work through the challenges this can bring?